Sunday, May 22, 2011

A simple way you can contribute for free

Thank you

This post is only retained for minor historical interest. It is obsolete. Please contact me if you are wondering where to donate and I will try to find the best place.

The Chase contest I describe below is over. Thank you for voting. Last I heard, WPI will get $65,000. This stuff makes a difference.

Keep an eye out for a Vivint contest soon.

I also have a Contribute page in the sidebar to the right (under Pages). It will soon have many ways to contribute. Ideas include translating an article into your native language, saving copies of important documents, and donating. At present, it has a link for donating.


Click here and then on the Vote & Share button

wpimediumgraphic.gif

If that worked, thank you. If you run into any glitches, post a comment and somebody will help. There is an alternate method below that you can post anywhere or send in email.

Why I am asking you to vote today

This is the second round by Chase Community Giving with big money for research. You can vote now (no matter where you live). It takes a few clicks.

WPI can get 500,000 USD. That covers a lot of test tubes and late-night pizza.

WPI is a nonprofit biomedical research institute and they are working hard to reduce suffering and death. These are people who know what they are doing. I trust them. They are the only research institute in the world that studies my diseases. They do basic, translational, and clinical research.

I will write about this soon, but the list of potentially relevant diseases includes ALS, Alzheimer's, autism, autoimmune disease, and autonomic neuropathy (to pick the first 5 alphabetically). Some of WPI's most important work is on diseases that have gotten almost zero research anywhere else.

All we need right now is your vote. If you can pass this along to others also, please do.

I and many others thank you.

Samuel

Alternate method

I left links raw so you can copy and paste into email or social networks. Please send this to anybody you can in any medium anywhere who will want to vote.


Help the Whittemore Peterson Institute win $500,000 for ME/CFS and Neuro-Immune Disease. Vote between May 19-25, 2011.

  1. Log on to http://www.facebook.com/ .
  2. 'Like' Chase Community Giving by clicking on the 'Like' button which is beside the 'Chase Community Giving' text on this page: http://www.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving (If you have already 'Liked' Chase Community Giving, the button won't appear and you can move on to the next step).
  3. Give one of your votes to the Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease by clicking the vote button on the Whittemore Peterson Institute voting page: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/205904991-whittemore-peterson-institute-for-neuro-immune-disease .

You can also find the voting page by searching for the Whittemore Peterson Institute using the 'Find Charities' link here: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving

If you have trouble voting using Safari or another browser, please try using Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Other ways

I don't think there is a non-Facebook way to vote. Please tell me if there is. If you don't have an account there, you can create one instantly. Please make it as legitimate as you can so there is no question about the legitimacy of the vote.

Notes

I got the image link from the WPI main page.

Thanks to catch for the instructions, which I modified only slightly, and the image. Thanks to everybody who helps to get votes.

If you have better or alternate instructions or links, tell me and I will update.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I could not ask for a better readership. Your comments are valuable, here and elsewhere. So EMAIL ME if they do not go through! (Click on "Contact me" link in blog sidebar).

Choose any option except Anonymous, as my readers and I want to know if Awesome Comment 1 has the same author as Awesome Comment 2. If the other options don't work for you, try Name/URL to enter your name or handle. URL can be blank.

The point is: we want your comment!